Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favourite way of having smoked cod.
- 600 g smoked cod, cut into chunks
- 1 (440 g) can evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Add fish and parsley, and simmer until sauce thickens and fish is cooked through.
My husband loves smoked fish and this is an excellent way to serve it - don't omit the parsley. He likes it served on toast. Thanks for reminding me of this simple and tasty recipe.
This is a great cod recipe. With permission from Sara, we used fresh cod which we coated with seasoned panko. Since the fish was breaded and pan fried, we served the sauce over top with a splash of lemon juice. We also used extra parsley which added great flavor to the dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)