Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup chopped white onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- In a food processor or blender puree the onion, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Add the vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, oil, oregano, cumin and pepper and process for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt to taste.
- This can be doubled or tripled.
- Meats can be marinated up to 6 to 8 hours, chicken and poultry up to 3 hours.