Recipe by KelBel
A smokey, creamy corn chowder with chicken and mushroom. I have used smoked turkey legs instead of the chicken.
Top Review by Rita~
Very Good!I had a chicken leftover and made stock with it. So I used the stock and leftover chicken for this delish soup. I discarded most of the bacon fat before frying the onions and peppers. I soaked the mushrooms in warm stock before slicing and adding to the soup. I pureed 1/2 the soup then added it back to the rest. Topped it with bacon and some of the red and green peppers for color!Thanks for the comfort on a cold day!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups corn, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups smoked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups smoked turkey, shredded
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup dried wild mushrooms
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups light cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in soup pot, remove and reserve. Cook onions and bell peppers in bacon fat until soft.
- Stir in 2 cups corn, chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Add water and bring to boil. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Puree remaining 1 cup corn and 1 cup cream in blender until smooth. Stir into chowder and add remaining i cup cream.
- Heat through and serve with crumbled bacon on top.