Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a combination of two salads-I much prefer the sour cream dressing to the mayo one.
Make and share this Smoked Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch green seedless grapes or 1 bunch red grapes, stemmed and cut in half-around 1/4 pound or so
- 1 sweet yellow bell pepper, chopped small
- 3 stalks celery, chopped, small
- 1 lb boneless smoked chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Tear lettuce and place evenly in 4 bowls.
- Toss together the grapes, chicken and chopped veggies.
- Whisk together the sour cream, yogurt, horseradish and taste.
- Adjust seasonings and toss together with the meat mixture and walnuts.
- Distribute evenly between the 4 bowls.
My husband is asking for this again and again - delicious! It was a great make-ahead meal. I used prepared horseradish (my store was out of fresh) and it turned out fine.
GREAT chicken salad! I did not use smoked chicken instead I just used cubed cooked chicken, and it was still VERY GOOD! I made this yesterday and today I am having leftovers for lunch :) Thanks for the great recipe! I especially liked the dressing.
AN EXCELLENT SALAD TO RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS ! We loved this. I used chicken leftovers in the fridge which I grilled without salt and spices and it was very good ! The horseradish in the grocery was too big, so I opted for a tiny bottle of creamed horseradish (the very spicy type) and the dressing turned out very well, not spicy at all. The guests kept asking for more, they didnt seem to tire because the grapes and celery gave a refreshing twist. Thanks for sharing, Di Neal !!!