Recipe by ms mcd
This is a wonderful cold chicken dip that goes wonderfully with crackers or tortilla chips!!!! It can be made into a lower fat version as well by using fat free cream cheese. Cooking time listed is for refrigeration.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 smoked chicken breasts (I can find these at my local grocers with other smoked meats.)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped jalapeno (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove chicken from bones and chop into small pieces.
- Mix chicken, onion, and softened cream cheese with mixer until smooth.
- Add jalapenos and cayenne pepper to desired taste.
- Chill for 2-3 hours (chilling overnight provides a better mixture of flavors).
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.