This recipe was featured in an email from the www.lifescript.com website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice bacon, uncooked, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk (or a combination of almond & soymilk)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless smoked chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Put the bacon in a soup pot and heat over low heat.
- 2Add the onion, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Turn the heat up to medium and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3Dice the potatoes and add them to the soup pot with the chicken broth. Simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add the milk, peppers, chicken and dill and cook until the chicken is just cooked through.
- 5Remove the thyme and bay leaf. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Chicken Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 822.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper