Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was featured in an email from the www.lifescript.com website.
Make and share this Smoked Chicken Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 slice bacon, uncooked, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk (or a combination of almond & soymilk)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless smoked chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the bacon in a soup pot and heat over low heat.
- Add the onion, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Turn the heat up to medium and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Dice the potatoes and add them to the soup pot with the chicken broth. Simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the milk, peppers, chicken and dill and cook until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove the thyme and bay leaf. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.