Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the New Zealand magazine Foodtown. Cooking time is poaching time of sausage.
- 300 g smoked chicken breasts, skinned,diced bite size
- 1 (425 g) can chickpeas, drained,rinsed (or other white bean)
- 115 g chorizo sausages, lightly poached,skinned,thinly sliced
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry,sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Combine chicken, beans, sausage and tomatoes.
- Whisk the lemon juice, rind oil and seasonings together, then pour over the chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Thanks Jan, lovely recipe. I made a few changes (natch!) Didn't use the tomatoes, did use some red onion and sauteed the chorizo rather than poaching. Big suuccess, excellent party dish!