I think this is a nice light easy pasta dish (and a change from the creamy sauces). It's a good way of using leftover turkey or ham for a variation.
- 500 g dry pasta
- 1 leek, white part only
- 36.97 ml oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 600 g smoked chicken (I have used turkey or ham too)
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 4 whole artichokes, quartered (I use the ones canned in brine and rinse them)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 118.29 ml toasted pine nuts (, I cook them in a dry pan over a low heat shaking them until they're golden)
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- Cook the pasta following the directions, drain and keep warm.
- Wash the leek well and slice thinly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leek and garlic and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stock, artichokes and tomatoes and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through thoroughly.
- Stir in the pine nuts and season to taste.
- Toss through the pasta to combine and serve.