Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I think this is a nice light easy pasta dish (and a change from the creamy sauces). It's a good way of using leftover turkey or ham for a variation.
- 500 g dry pasta
- 1 leek, white part only
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600 g smoked chicken (I have used turkey or ham too)
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 4 whole artichokes, quartered (I use the ones canned in brine and rinse them)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts (, I cook them in a dry pan over a low heat shaking them until they're golden)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Cook the pasta following the directions, drain and keep warm.
- Wash the leek well and slice thinly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leek and garlic and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stock, artichokes and tomatoes and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through thoroughly.
- Stir in the pine nuts and season to taste.
- Toss through the pasta to combine and serve.
My husband says that I shoud only give this 4 stars because it was only wonderful. I had a smoked turkey leftover from Thanksgiving. My DH said that he would like a pasta dish with the leftovers. A quick search yielded this recipe. I had a leek, artihokes and tomatoes. What luck. It was low fat and healthy. I made it and it was yummy. I was not feeling well, so just tasted it. After a bowl full I feel great and am eyeing the leftovers.
Jan, thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe. All of the flavors, the smokey chicken and leek. The tomatoes and artichokes, which I always love together. I used canned artichokes, and they were a bit small, so I halved them instead of quartering them. A terrific dish to make again. Thanks for sharing. It goes into my T&T cookbook for sure.
An excellent recipe! My husband loved it! I have also added some heavy cream after simmering and it was yummy! Thanks for sharing!