1/1 Photo of Smoked Chicken &Artichoke Pasta
I think this is a nice light easy pasta dish (and a change from the creamy sauces). It's a good way of using leftover turkey or ham for a variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g dry pasta
- 1 leek, white part only
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600 g smoked chicken (I have used turkey or ham too)
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 4 whole artichokes, quartered (I use the ones canned in brine and rinse them)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (, I cook them in a dry pan over a low heat shaking them until they're golden)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1Cook the pasta following the directions, drain and keep warm.
- 2Wash the leek well and slice thinly.
- 3Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leek and garlic and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken, stock, artichokes and tomatoes and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through thoroughly.
- 5Stir in the pine nuts and season to taste.
- 6Toss through the pasta to combine and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Chicken &Artichoke Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.7
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 1620.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 51.5 g