Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe because its ingredients are balanced,which produce a marvelous combination and nutty flavour. I has personalized this recipe from an oriental noodles with beef, which I modified it, by changing some ingridients
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin, diced in 5 mm
- 1⁄2 cup smoked chicken, dice 5 mm
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup double cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy saucepan fry the chopped peanuts, and the diced pumpkin in oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the peanuts are golden, about 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer peanuts and pumpkin to a bowl.
- Add the rice to oil in a pan and cook over a moderately low heat, stirring every minute.
- Add the chopped onions, the diced smoked chicken and the mixed spice, fry for further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Cover the rice and cook over very low heat until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 13 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup double cream and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let the rice stand undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop basil.
- Fluff rice with a fork and stir in the basil, peanuts and pumpkin, season with salt and white pepper.
I broiled chicken breast and used the stock in the recipie. I also made it with cashews instead of peanuts...
My 5yo daughter helped me make this. The whole family thought it was delicious. Will definitely make it again.