The original recipe for this awesome appetizer came out of Bon Appetit Magazine in the early 90's. I have made a few changes through the years but this is still pretty close to the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces thin green beans
- 8 ounces smoked chicken, 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 red pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup watercress, chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into spears
- 1Boil green beans until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Refresh with cold water. Drain again. Thinly slice crosswise.
- 2Combine the beans with the chicken, bell pepper, watercress, shallot and tarragon in medium bowl.
- 3(Can prepare 1 day ahead. Cover. Chill).
- 4Place oil and vinegar in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low-med heat, swirling occasionally.
- 5Stir in cheese.
- 6Pour over the salad mixture; toss.
- 7Stir in nuts.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 10Form 2 t. salad into a ball. Press into an endive spear.
- 11Arrange spears on a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Chicken and Gorgonzola Salad on Endive Spears
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar