Recipe by m f
I use this recipe in the winter when I feel more comfortable with the chicken outside. You could do this with a turkey or any other bird. Just make sure you check the temp. of the bird.
- 1 chicken
- 5 quarts water
- 1 cup tender quick
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup hickory chips
- 1⁄2 cup apple wood chips
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together everything but chicken in a very large bowl with cover.
- put in chicken and cover.
- put in refrigerator for 6 days.
- cook in a cooking bag for 2 hours at 350.
- put in a smoker for a whole day with wood chips.
- if you don't have a smoker, put a couple teaspoons of liquid smoke in the brine.