Recipe by TJW
I got this recipe off of a pepperhead forum, and man, is it killer! I use the Cherry Bomb strain cherry peppers(extra hot), from my garden, but you can use whatever peppers you have on hand. Jalapenos, Habaneros, Anaheim, Poblano, etc. A great way to use up all the extra peppers from the garden! Easy to make, great for the Superbowl, any football Sunday, or any other party occasion.
- 40 hungarian cherry peppers or 40 other fresh bell peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) package taco seasoning (*)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef in a skillet, drain and add the taco seasoning.
- Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- Cut the stems off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill with taco meat, and wrap the pepper with bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks, or a shish kebob, and smoke over apple wood on the grill for about 15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked, turning once after 7 minutes.
- Enjoy with a good cold beer.
- *I make my own taco seasoning as follows.
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chile powder.
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle chile powder.
- 1/4 tsp Cumin.
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- 1/4 tsp paprika.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp onion powder.
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container.