1/3 Photos of Smoked Cheddar Waffles
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is an interesting waffle variation from Moosewood New Classics. Molly Katzen recommends serving them topped with scrambled eggs and salsa. That's how we tried it and it was really good. Of course, this will also work with other cheeses, a combination of cheeses, all white flour if you don't have rye. I like it with a bit of tabasco added in as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a large bowl, mix together the two flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 2in a separate bowl, beat the eggs lightly and stir in the buttermilk, butter, scallions, mustard and grated cheese.
- 3add teh egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just till combined.
- 4let the waffle batter sit for about 10 minutes, till you see some bubbles on top.
- 5meanwhile, preheat the waffle iron. use 1/3 cup batter for each waffle and bake according to instructions that came with waffle iron.
- 6Serving option: top with scrambled eggs and salsa - though I'm sure there are other good ideas out there!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Cheddar Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 740.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g