Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
These are a wonder tasting. I have also use many type of cheese for this so just try anything and let me know what you think.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Blanch potato slices in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Spray a two-quart casserole with oil.
- Make a layer of 1/2 of the potatoes.
- Top with the cheese, onion, and flour.
- Top with the rest of the potatoes.
- Slightly heat the milk and pour over the casserole.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer (or until lightly brown).
- Serve warm.
I made this last night and was delighted with the results. The smell alone when it was baking was incredible. My husband had been out in the garden working and when he came in and smelled it said Boy, I can tell we are having something really good tonight. I followed the directions exactly, but added a bit more cheese on the top. (We like cheese) I served it with grilled chicken breasts, carrots and a caesar salad. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
This was great made it as a side dish for a grill out. It went so fast and people asked me to make it again. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
The flavor was there, though not very distinguished, and I that had to be because it was SO watered down. I don't know what happened to cause it, but I followed the directions. It looked good coming out of the oven, but once you tried to get a scoop the whole thing was full of water. If you have any suggestions as to where I may have gone wrong, please let me know.