Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm sorry, but do these look good or what??? From 30-Minute Meals.
Make and share this Smoked Cheddar Quesadillas with Yellow Salsa and Cilantro Lime S recipe from Food.com.
- 3 yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped (you may use red if you need to)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- coarse salt
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 2 cups sour cream or 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- coarse salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb smoked white cheddar cheese (preferred brand Cabot Vermont Smoked Cheddar)
- 1⁄2 lb jalapeno jack cheese
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- Combine chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, mint and cilantro in a small bowl and season generously with salt.
- Toss salsa and set aside.
- Combine sour cream, lime zest and juice and cilantro leaves in food processor and process until smooth and light green.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Sour cream can be used to top quesadilla.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and corn and quickly toss to warm.
- Season corn with salt and pepper and transfer onto a plate.
- Shred your cheeses, wipe out your pan and return it to the stove top over medium high heat.
- Add a flour tortilla to the skillet.
- Cook 30 seconds, then flip tortilla.
- Cover half the surface of the tortilla generously with smoked cheddar, pepper Jack and 1/4 corn.
- Fold tortillas over and press down gently with a spatula.
- Turn tortilla a few times to melt cheese.
- Remove quesadilla from the skillet and cut into wedges.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
These were fabulous! I make quesadillas a lot and I have to say that these were the best I have ever tried. The creamy cilantro lime suace is the real secret here. Wonderful and super easy.
This recipe takes Quesadillas to the top! I was lucky enough to have yellow tomatoes in my garden. I used basil instead of the mint.The cilantro lime sour cream was yummy I did use yogurt in place of the sour cream. So very good!