1/1 Photo of Smoked Cheddar Quesadillas
Very simple recipe that I came up with after getting tired of the plain ole cheese Quesadillas,less is more when it comes to these,only 3 filling ingredients!!Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice chicken breast into thin pieces and add spices,tossing to coat, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.Shred cheeses.
- 2Peel onion and slice in half,then slice the onion thin,place in skillet on med heat with 2T olive oil and caramelize,usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
- 3In a seperate skillet (I like to use my cast iron) add 2T olive oil,put on medium high heat till skillet gets hot,add chicken breasts and sear on both sides till done,you want the chicken to be blackened but not burnt,this should take about 5 minutes,just make sure the skillet is hot.
- 4To prepare the quesadillas butter one side of flour tortilla and place in skillet or griddle on medium high heat,butter side down.
- 5Add 1/3- 2/3c mexican blend cheese to tortilla, (sprinkling around the whole tortilla),then add the smoked cheddar,about 1/4c (do not overdo the smoked cheddar because it will be to strong).
- 6Add the chicken pieces (just handful or however much you like) to one side of the tortilla,like you are making an omelet,then follow suit with the onions,as much as you like.
- 7Fold tortilla over as in an omelet and"fry" till lightly brown and crispy,then flip over and do the other side.
- 8Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream,salsa,guacamole.
- 9This recipe will make 3-4 large tortillas,depending on how much ingredients you use per tortilla,the amount I have posted is only a guideline,use as little or as much as your liking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Cheddar Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.8
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 274.3 mg
- Sodium 1886.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 71.9 g