Another one of my Aunt's favorite recipes.
Make and share this Smoked Cheddar/Jalapeno Ranch Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup applewood-smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted ground Mexican oregano
- 3⁄4 cup cubed smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced white onion
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Partially cook the bacon in an ovenproof skillet over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Do not let the bacon get hard.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add all the other ingredients, and mix very well.
- Put the mixture back into the skillet or into a standard 8-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
My ordinary meat loaf was not getting raves anymore. I liked to make meat loaf on Sunday and have left overs for sandwiches for the lunch boxes. Seems like everyone was sneaking out early Monday mornings to avoid taking a lunch. I'd yell after them, THERE'S ALWAYS TUES. YA KNOW. I'm making chicken and pot roast on Sundays now. I sneekly made this recipe and put it in my guys' sandwiches for lunch. WOWED THEM, they wanted it again for lunch on Tues. Didn't give it to them, made em bologna :) Want to keep this one, once a month special, so they don't get bored. Thanks for sharing.
This was excellent! I used 1 pound each ground sirloin & ground pork but kept the other ingredients as written. This was the first time I had used/tasted smoked cheddar & it REALLY added a great flavor! Defintely a repeat! Thanks for posting!
I've always loved a good meatloaf, but admit I'd become bored w/it lately. Everyone seems to have a favorite, but for the most part there's not much diff between most versions - except for this one. It is distinctive, delicious & well worth 5 stars & more. It holds together well & slices easily despite the absence of any bonding ingredient & the combo of flavors is fantastic. Great recipe! We're glad your aunt shared it w/you & you shared it w/us. Thx.