Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A modern version of an old Aussie classic
- 375 g self-raising flour (2½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 60 g grated smoked cheddar cheese (½ cup)
- 180 ml skim milk
- 80 ml water
- Combine flour and pepper in a large bowl, rub in butter.
- Stir in parsley and cheese, then stir in milk and water.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface, knead until just smooth.
- Place on a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper, press into a 15cm round.
- Brush dough with a little extra milk, bake in moderate oven (180°C) 40 minutes or until damper sounds hollow when tapped.