1 hr 30 mins
If you don’t have a smoker to smoke your catfish filets, I have had some success with oven-smoke bags that you can get at the grocery store. These bags come complete with wood chips and instructions. Simply place your fish in the bag, and bake according to the directions. You can find crawfish tail meat already cooked and frozen in 1-pound packages in your supermarket freezer section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked catfish fillet, flaked
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat, cooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 shallot, minced fine
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces, chopped fine. (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients, except for the pecans, in a food processor container; pulse until well combined and evenly mixed.
- 2Turn into a bowl or mold lined with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- 3Unmold onto a serving dish and coat with the chopped pecans, if desired.
- 4You can also coat with fresh parsley or dust with paprika.
- 5Serve with crackers or crusty sliced baguette.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Catfish and Crawfish Tail Spread
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 213.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g