Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you don’t have a smoker to smoke your catfish filets, I have had some success with oven-smoke bags that you can get at the grocery store. These bags come complete with wood chips and instructions. Simply place your fish in the bag, and bake according to the directions. You can find crawfish tail meat already cooked and frozen in 1-pound packages in your supermarket freezer section.
- 1 lb smoked catfish fillet, flaked
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat, cooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 shallot, minced fine
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces, chopped fine. (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except for the pecans, in a food processor container; pulse until well combined and evenly mixed.
- Turn into a bowl or mold lined with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving dish and coat with the chopped pecans, if desired.
- You can also coat with fresh parsley or dust with paprika.
- Serve with crackers or crusty sliced baguette.