1/1 Photo of Smoked Cajun Chili
1 hr 20 mins
Chef #1800289221's Note:
Hearty chili with a Cajun note and a smokey finish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage
- 4 (29 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes (cut into fourths or eighths)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (washed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (washed)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 serrano peppers, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Call friends and family, let them know you are about to make some awesome Chili, and to be in your kitchen in about an hour.
- 2Before the stampede, grab a large (8qt) pot and brown the sausage on high heat (do not drain). The idea here is to get some good browning/sear in the pan so don't fret if it sticks to the bottom, that's the idea. Just don't go overboard and burn it.
- 3Throw in the celery, onion and garlic, cover, reduce heat and let it do it's thing for 10 minutes at least. stir frequently.
- 4In a separate pan, brown the ground beef (drain) and add it to the pot.
- 5Everything else goes in! Be sure to include all the juice from the whole-tomato cans, and I like to cut them very chunky (no more than 3 cuts per tomato) for easy eating.
- 6Let it come together at a high simmer for about an hour, less if you can't wait.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Cajun Chili
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 718.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Tony Chachere's Seasoning