Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
What a way to fix cabbage in a smoker.
Make and share this Smoked Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry rub seasonings (Spicy Rub)
- 1⁄4 cup paprika, shopping list (try using half regular paprika and half smoked paprika)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper, shopping list
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons granulated garlic, shopping list
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons granulated onions, shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Clean the head of cabbage and core out the center. Put 1⁄2 of the stick of butter/margarine in the cored out cabbage.
- Slice jalapeño pepper and put in cabbage center. Add 1 tablespoon Texas Rib Rangers Spicy Rub to cabbage center. Rub the remaining butter around the outside of the cabbage.In a small bowl combine the ingredients.
- Press the rub into both sides of the meat and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to grilling to intensify flavors.
- Wrap cabbage in heavy foil and place in smoker or grill. Cook until cabbage is soft to touch (about 2 to 3 hours depending of size of cabbage).
- Remove from heat and check for tenderness. If not tender put back on heat and let it finish cooking. If tender remove and serve immediately.