Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
this is an award winning recipe at my county fair last month, It is simple, but fabulous.
- 1 (4 -6 lb) trimmed beef brisket
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Place brisket in a large shallow dish and pour liquid smoke over brisket.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, and celery salt. Cover and chill overnight.
- Before cooking, drain liquid smoke, and douse brisket with worcestershire.
- Place chopped onion in slow cooker and place brisket on top of onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- With 1 hour left on cooking time, pour barbecue sauce over brisket and cook an additional hour.
Tasty corned beef. I let mine cook for 6 hours on low. It still did not slice as it should. I will take the rest and make corned beef hash or sandwiches. Made or 123 HIts.
This turned out much better than I had hoped! The brisket tasted like it had spent hours in the smoker rather than the crock pot. My only complaint is that the texture was closer to roast beef than brisketâ€”it fell apart instead of slicing nicely. Once it was on a sandwich with some extra barbecue sauce, however, you couldn't tell a difference. We'll definitely make this again.