Recipe by FCR Gal
This recipe is always a huge hit with our friends and family. It is written for cooking on a "Big Green Egg", but you could adapt it to any type of outdoor grill.
- 1 (15 ounce) wheel double creme brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, well-aged
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 cedar plank, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare "Egg" for high heat (375°F) cooking.
- Remove rind from top of wheel of brie. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat and add the garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer garlic until softened and beginning to color. approximately 15-20 minutes, being mindful not to scorch the garlic.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and and transfer garlic to small bowl to cool.
- Reserve two tbsp of the garlic-infused oil. The remaining oil can be saved for future use.
- Add green onions, roasted red pepper, thyme, balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp of the infused olive oil and black pepper.
- Season with salt and mix thoroughly to incorporate. (This mixture can be made a day in advance and kept refrigerated).
- Spread garlic and pepper mixture over the top of the brie.
- Place soaked plan on grill, close lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the plank beings to crackle and smoke.
- Place cheese on plank, close lid and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the brie begins to melt.
- Remove plank and brie from grill.
- Serve with bread or crudités.