8 hrs 30 mins
This is one of the most delicious ways to prepare a beef brisket. You'll have the neighborhood over once the smell hit's the air. Best when prepared on a Weber!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need 2 medium aluminum pans & 1/2 cup hickory chips , 1/2 cup cherry wood chips. 1 medium bag of charcoal.
- 2Dry off brisket & coat lightly with oil. Cover with sea salt & pepper. Don't be stingy!Let Brisket rest in the refrigerator for 30 minute
- 3While the meat is chillin' out let's get the grill ready.Place 1 aluminum pan filled with hot water off to one side of the bottom of the grill & the coal to the other side.Use a coal chimney if you have one. Put on the lid & let heat up to 225 degrees.Don't go over 250. This method is called indirect heating.
- 4Once the coals are ready place the Brisket fat side down over the pan of water. Put the cherry & hickory chips on the coals & place the other aluminum pan filled with water over the fire. Helps keep the heat just right.
- 5Cook for 8-10 hours @ 225. checking on the coal every hour or so & replacing as needed. Don't add any more wood! Will be too smokey. Check with meat thermometer when core temperature is about 180 or 190. Remove from grill & let rest for 20 minute.
- 6Slice up & serve on a bun dry or with your favorite sauce.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Beef Brisket "texas Style"
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 179.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 46.9 g