1/3 Photos of Smoked Beef Brisket
7 hrs 30 mins
Tender and smokey. Leftovers make great shedded beef. Just pull apart with very clean hands add your favorite BBQ sauce place on a bun and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried papayas, chopped or 1 cup fresh papaya, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, Cajun Spice Rub Mix Recipe
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 lbs beef brisket, flat cut Score fat cap
- hickory chips (soaked overnight or at least 4 hour)
- 16 ounces beer, for mopping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- 1Place Marinade in a blender or food processor and blend till semi smooth. Rub on washed and dried brisket. Let marinade in a well sealed container overnight.
- 2Early morning remove the brisket from refrigerator and pat dry.
- 3Reserving the marinade to be mixed with the beer. Simmer to heat through for 20 minutes and butter mix inches Let rest till needed.
- 4Leave brisket at room temperature for 1 hour before putting in the smoker.
- 5Meanwhile fire up the smoker.
- 6Place fat side up in a foil pan on a rack, so smoke can get around it.
- 7Rotate, and mop with the spice/beer mixture every hour for the first 3 hours.
- 8Add hickory to smoker every 30 min (as required) to keep the heat at a constant temperature for the first 4 hours.
- 9After 3 hours wrap tightly with foil and continue cooking.
- 10Smoke at 200 - 225 degrees for 7 hours. About 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours per pound.
- 11When brisket has an internal temperature of 190 degrees F remove and let rest for 1 hour.
- 12cut away excess fat and discard. Slice beef across the grain.
- 13Enjoy with your BBQ sauce.
- 14Trim fat and slice 1/4 inch slices across the grain.
- 15Can be made the day before chill then slice for extra thin slices. The chilled brisket will slice easier.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Beef Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.3
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 171.6 mg
- Sodium 199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: