Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
After watching a Chef prepare some baked beans in a smoker on a TV show I was more than intrigued. I made these and my husband could NOT stop eating them. These are the perfect side dish for any pot luck or BBQ party. Seriously - don't wait for a party - make them now and enjoy!
- 2 (850.48 g) can pork & beans
- 236.59 ml smoked ham (diced) or 236.59 ml beef brisket (diced)
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
- 9.85 ml ground mustard
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml catsup
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- Start your smoker and allow the temps to get 200ºf.
- Spray 8x8 inch foil pan with non-stick cooking spray and dump the beans into the pan.
- Cut the ham or brisket into a medium-small dice and stir into the beans.
- In medium bowl mix together the brown sugar, liquid smoke, black pepper, ground mustard, molasses and catsup. Mixture will be very thick. Pour over the beans. Top with the chopped onions. DO NOT STIR!
- Place in your smoker UNCOVERED, you want that smoke to get into those beans.
- Allow the beans to cook 2-3 hours.
- Remove from smoker and enjoy!