Prep 15 mins
Cook 38 hrs
- 4 -6 lbs beef brisket
- red wine vinegar (for spraying) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Marinate brisket for 24 hours.
- Wipe extra marinade from brisket with paper towel.
- Rub spices into brisket, wrap in plastic wrap, and "marinate" for at least 6 hours.
- Smoke brisket at 200-225 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours per pound + 30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 190 degrees. For the last 2 1/2 hours, spray with red wine vinegar (optional) and seal the brisket in foil.
- Let rest 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
- While resting, heat sauce ingredients over medium low heat.
- Serve with BBQ sauce.
Wow, this recipe recieved rave reviews from the family! the only thing I did different was "marinade" in the rub for 24 hours. This is a keeper!