1/1 Photo of Smoked Barbecue Ribs
4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from Paul Kirk, seven time world BBQ champion. He is known as the Baron of BBQ. I found the recipe in the June 2009 edition of AmericanWay Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all of the spices with the sugar and blend well forming a BBQ spice mix to use as a rub.
- 2Trim the ribs of any excess fat and remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- 3Season the ribs all over with the spice mix.
- 4Place ribs bone side down in an enclosed (covered) smoker preheated to 230 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5Turn the ribs and baste with apple juice every hour for 4 to 5 hours, or until you can take two side by side ribs and tear them apart easily.
- 6During the last 30 minutes of smoking you will need to start glazing the ribs on both sides with BBQ sauce of your choice, every 10 minutes (3 times in total).
- 7Remove the ribs from the smoker, cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Barbecue Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.3
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground annatto seed