1/6 Photos of Smoked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
5 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
From smoking meat.com news letter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the brine
For the chicken
- 2Pour the water into a pitcher then add the salt.
- 3Stir until the salt is dissolved and the water returns to clear. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 4Pour the brine over the chicken breasts until covered, cover with lid or plastic wrap and place the bowl in the fridge to keep cold.
- 5Soak the 6 chicken breasts in a deep glass container for 2 hours flipping them over at the halfway mark to make sure they were evenly submerged.
- 6Preparing the Chicken Breasts:.
- 7After rinsing the breasts to make sure there was no extra salt on the outside of the meat, Lay the breast down in the brining bowl and cover them with rub.
- 8Lay 3 strips of bacon butted up against each other on a cutting board or flat surface. Lay one of the breasts across the bacon leaving enough bacon on the left side to wrap it over just a little.
- 9Roll the breast over a couple of times to completely wrap it in the bacon and use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
- 10Smoking the Chicken Breasts:.
- 11Setup the smoker for about 230 degrees for best results, and add dry and soaked wood chips.
- 12Once the smoker is ready, go get the chicken breasts and place them directly on the grate leaving about 1 inch of space between them to allow the smoke to completely surround them.
- 13Estimate about 3 hours of cook time but that will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts that you purchased.
- 14About 30 minutes before they are finished, brush a light coating of barbecue sauce all over the top of them.
- 15There done when a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 7175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 30.2 g