Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love a good old risotto, me and this one is a corker. It need nothing more with it, except, maybe a glass of fruity red wine.
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200 g smoked streaky bacon, cut widthways into strips
- 300 g risotto rice
- 750 ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 150 g dolcelatte
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a saute pan and cook the onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the stock, cooking for about 20 minutes until the grains are tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the parsley and season with a tiny pinch of salt and some black pepper.
- Roughly dice the cheese and stir into the risotto. Quickly divide the risotto into 4 bowl, before the cheese has completely melted, and finish with a good grind of black pepper.