In 'Weber's Real Grilling'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cola
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mesquite liquid smoke
- 3 -4 lbs baby back ribs (2 slabs, 1 1/2 to 2 lb. each)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- about 2 cups mesquite wood chips, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 1Make the sauce--in a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil.
- 2Add in garlic, chile powder, and cumin; cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add in the remaining sauce ingredients, whisk them together, and allow the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 4The ribs--remove the thin membrane from the back of each rack of ribs; allow the ribs to stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- 5The rub--in a small bowl, mix the rub ingredients; season the ribs all over with the rub, pressing the spices into the meat.
- 6Drain the mesquite chips and toss them onto the burning coals or into the smoking box of a gas grill; grill the ribs over Indirect Low heat (grill temperature should be about 300Â°) until the meat is very tender and has shrunk back from the ends of the bones, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 7About 15 minutes before the ribs are done, start brushing occasionally with the sauce on both sides.
- 8Transfer the ribs to a baking sheet and tightly cover with foil; let rest for 30 minutes before serving.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Baby Back Ribs With Cola Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1350.4
- Calories from Fat 939
- Total Fat 104.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 401.2 mg
- Sodium 2176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 84.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mesquite liquid smoke