Recipe by Tayous1
This is one of the best recipes for pork tenderloins. If you love smoked food and like to use a sweet wood to smoke with you will also love this recipe. I made this by mistake one day when I was smoking a tenderloin. The problem was that I had nothing to use as a mop sauce. Also all people who use a smoker should know cooking time will vary I smoke mine long enough to cook the food and add the smoke flavor to it. So I'm not going to add at what time you should turn the meat or how long you should cook it for.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 (24 ounce) jar applesauce
- 2 cups buttermilk
- sweet smoking wood chips, i only use mesquite to smoke with
Directions See How It's Made
- Take Pork add to a ziplock bag then add buttermilk if you don't have buttermilk add 2-cups milk then 2 TBL of vinegar. Let sit in your refrigerator for 24+ hours.
- Take pork clean off with water then set on the smoker. Let it smoke for about 30mins then add applesauce on top of the pork.
- Keep adding applesauce to the pork to make sure the pork does not dry out.
- When the meat is done let cool for 15mins then cut and serve.If you can try to serve with the a little of the applesauce that it had been smoked with.