Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is credited to Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue in Kansas City, MO. Nothing like Kansas City barbecue, and this is a very popular side dish served at the "Stack."
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 19.71 ml flour
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 177.44 ml milk
- 354.88 ml sharp American cheese, shredded
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, cut up
- 3 (850.48 g) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 85.04 g diced ham
- Melt butter; stir in flour and garlic powder.
- Add milk; cook & stir over medium heat.
- Heat until thick and bubbly; stir in cheeses. Cook/stir over low heat until cheeses melt; stir in corn & ham.
- Bake in 2 qt casserole for 45 minutes at 350.
As a Kansas Citian - I have a great appreciation for SmokeStack and they're Cheesy Corn Bake is no exception. I make the recipe as printed with a few minor changes. I increase the garlic to 1/4 tsp, add 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper and about 1 Tbsp. of heavy cream when folding in the corn and ham. Delicous!!
4 tsp of all purpose flour
Very good and a nice side with ribs. I used Cracker Barrel sharp American cheese. Thanks for sharing the recipe!