Recipe by Cooking at the Cottage
I am sure that any nut would work in this. I made this while I was smoking our Thanksgiving turkey. I put the nuts on a double sheet of aluminum foil, which I punctured 10 or 15 times with my carving fork.
- 4 cups almonds, shelled
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used a canola/olive oil blend)
- 1 tablespoon six-pepper spice blend
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together nuts with oil and seasonings.
- Spread on foil and place in smoker.
- I added mine to the smoker while my Thanksgiving turkey was smoking.
- Smoke for 1 hour.
- These are equally good hot from the smoker or at room temperature.
- These made an excellent snack while we were waiting for our turkey to make its appearance.