Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so good!! It smells great on the BBQ too! This is a great meal served either outdoors or indoors, and goes so good with big chunks of crusty bread and cold beer; root beer for the kids! This calls for Ranch dressing; I have used my slaw dressing also. Times are approximate.
Sweet Onion slaw
- 4 cups packaged cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- For the slaw:.
- Combine coleslaw mix, onion and bell peppers in a large bowl. Combine dressing, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl; toss dressing mixture with coleslaw mixture, just until all ingredients are well coated. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- For the pork:.
- Prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Combine barbecue sauce with chipotle chiles. Brush tenderloin with garlic-flavored oil. Grill 8 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 150°F Brush tenderloin generously with barbecue sauce mixture and grill a couple more minutes, about 1 minute per side. Let tenderloin stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, place slaw in center of platter. Surround with sliced tenderloin. Remaining sauce can be served at the table.