Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from the Smithfield Inn in the foothills of the Appliachians. This quiche breakfast or brunch recipe will remind you of a rich apple pie.
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute apples in butter for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and sugar.
- Layer the apples in the pie shell.
- Sprinkle apple mixture with cheese.
- In medium-sized bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs and whipping cream.
- Pour over the apple-cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
My lady and I both thought this was "ok".