Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful side dish to steak or pork chops.
- 6 white onions, sliced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In large skillet over low heat saute onions and bell peppers in 1/4 cup butter, being careful not to let onions brown.
- Add peas and almonds, stirring well.
- In small saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter and add cornstarch, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in cream and parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour over onion-pea mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle crumbled bacon over top of casserole.