Recipe by KLBoyle
A delicious twist on a philly cheesesteak. Much better for you than the original but still packed with flavor. Although I don't to save time, you can warm the turkey in the pan with peppers and onions before assembling sandwiches.
- 1 lb deli sliced mesquite smoked turkey
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Heat a large pan over med-high heat and melt butter. Add peppers and onions and saute until tender. About 5-7 minute.
- Spread mayo evenly over the 6 hoagie rolls and add turkey.
- Top the turkey with peppers and onions, then top with cheese.
- Place sandwiches on baking sheet and place under broiler for about 2 minute or until cheese is melted and bubbly.