Recipe by MissyMuffin
These are absolutely adorable! These are definitely a must any party. I'm definitely planning on trying these soon! Recipe (& idea) came from http://www.bakerella.com/
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 (16 ounce) can frosting
- wax paper
- 1 (1 lb) bag white chocolate chips (Optional -- dye yellow)
- lollipop sticks
- 2 -4 tablespoons frosting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can frosting. (You may not need to use the entire can, so add about 3/4 of it, then more if you need to.).
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave per directions on package, or using a double boiler.
- Dip the tip of your lollipop stick in a little of the melted chocolate and insert into the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.).
- Place them in the freezer for a half-hour to an hour, or until firm.
- Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the chocolate by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered, remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
- Place in a styrofoam block to dry. (Lollipop sticks stuck in styrofoam).
- Once dry, draw faces with an edible ink pen and allow ink to dry!