2 hrs 30 mins
These are absolutely adorable! These are definitely a must any party. I'm definitely planning on trying these soon! Recipe (& idea) came from http://www.bakerella.com/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 (16 ounce) can frosting
- wax paper
- 1 (1 lb) bag white chocolate chips (Optional -- dye yellow)
- lollipop sticks
- 2 -4 tablespoons frosting (optional)
- 1After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- 2Mix thoroughly with 1 can frosting. (You may not need to use the entire can, so add about 3/4 of it, then more if you need to.).
- 3Roll mixture into quarter size balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- 4Melt chocolate in the microwave per directions on package, or using a double boiler.
- 5Dip the tip of your lollipop stick in a little of the melted chocolate and insert into the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.).
- 6Place them in the freezer for a half-hour to an hour, or until firm.
- 7Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the chocolate by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered, remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
- 8Place in a styrofoam block to dry. (Lollipop sticks stuck in styrofoam).
- 9Once dry, draw faces with an edible ink pen and allow ink to dry!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smiley Cake Pops
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 103.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g