Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve hot with poultry or meat.
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel and finely chop onion. In a small, heavy-based saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Sauté onion until golden.
- Add wine, increase heat and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until liquid is reduced to about half its original volume.
- Stir flour into sour cream. Slowly add sour cream to hot liquid, stirring constantly. Bring back to a boil briefly. Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve; discard onion. Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a gravy boat and serve.