Recipe by Jedley
A macho variation on an Italian classic ('aglio olio peperoncino'), this quick and easy dish is for folks who love powerful flavors and who have no social engagements for the evening - the garlic and anchovies are heaven going down, but render you decidedly unkissable afterwards. I call it 'bachelor pasta' because I make it whenever my girlfriend is out for the evening, and every guy I've made it for goes nuts. But I've yet to meet a woman who will eat it. Perhaps you'll be the first?
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
ok; count me as the first. not only did i try it (i love anchovies) but i loved it and would definitly make again. made for my dinner for tonite (our power is going out at nite with brown outs due to the heat) so that it is prepared and will reheat on the grill at dinner time. "pre tasted" it and had more than a taste. very simple, short list of ingredients and the taste was spectacular. followed recipe exactly. anchovies do not have an overpowering taste and the red pepper flakes give it a nice kick. thank you for sharing.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- While cooking the spaghetti, saute' the pressed garlic, anchovies and red pepper flakes in half the olive oil until the anchovies melt.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, adding the remaining oil, ground pepper and grated parmigiano.
- It's a bit much for one person, but hey, if you're making this dish, that means no one's around to see you take that second portion!