I just invented these to use up some pineapple and chopped nuts. If I make it public, you can assume the experiment went well :).
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple (include some juice)
- 1⁄4 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract (rum extract might be good, too!)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (use a whole egg if you don't like cakey cookies!)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla baking chips (I chopped some of these)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend sugar, butters, and pineapple well. Add egg and lemon extract, mix again.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in vanilla/white chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts.
- Drop by even tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes, or until golden.