Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I just invented these to use up some pineapple and chopped nuts. If I make it public, you can assume the experiment went well :).
Top Review by Katzen
Well, I had 2/3 cup of pineapple from a can I used for a devine banana bread, recipe #87282. Well, the obvious thing was to make a double batch of these cookies! And am I ever glad I did! Smelly, you have the absolutely bestest recipes for cookies! I still dream of your recipe #320307 (so do my parrots!) Anyways, back to these cookies! They're wonderful, slightly fluffy (don't flatten out like some cookies do), are simple to make, and deliciously different! I will admit to bumping up the macadamia nuts, coconut, and white chocolate chips, though - and I'm glad I did! Oh, and I used a regular egg. Well, two, since I doubled the recipe. Deeeeelish! Thanks for posting, Smelly! Made for Veggie Swap 20.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple (include some juice)
- 1⁄4 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract (rum extract might be good, too!)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (use a whole egg if you don't like cakey cookies!)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla baking chips (I chopped some of these)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend sugar, butters, and pineapple well. Add egg and lemon extract, mix again.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in vanilla/white chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts.
- Drop by even tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes, or until golden.