Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Easy and inexpensive way to free your blender/grinder/mixer of bad smell!
Top Review by Roosie
Wow! I used my coffee grinder to make a spice blend, however, I unfortunately also use it for coffee. The spice blend I made had sage in it, which is quite smelly and a strong flavor and I really was not too gung-ho about sage-flavored coffee. So, I recalled this recipe. I ground up a piece of bread in my grinder (its small so I only needed half of a piece of the end of the loaf) and the smell is completely gone! Thanks Charishma, this works great! I will try it again with my food processor and with my coffee mill whenever I use it for spice blends!
Directions See How It's Made
- To remove bad smell from your mixer/grinder/blender, keep a slice of bread in it.
- Turn it on.
- Let it be reduced to crumbs on first low, then medium and lastly,high speed.
- Remove from appliance.
- The bread crumbs would have absorbed all the nasty smell.
- Throw the crumbs away.
- Wash your appliance (mixer/blender/grinder).
- Wipe dry and use.
- Say"ABRACADBRA" and use this method again whenever your appliance smells bad.