Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
More southern comfort from a cookbook by the legendary Isaac Hayes,"Cooking with Heart and Soul." Amazingly, this is good! It's different to be sure, but good. Give it a try; you may or may not like it, but you can say "at least you tried" soul food! I used 'white rose" and I have tried red potatoes. Either is fine.
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- sea salt
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water. Cover, heat to boiling, and simmer the potatoes until they are fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher until you remove all the lumps.
- Stir in the butter, evaporated milk, and the Miracle Whip until thoroughly blended.
- Season with sea salt.