Japanese Delight's Note:
From Real Simple Magazine. Somtimes eating meatless meals feels really good. Makes 4 double decker sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (peeled, if desired)
- 1 (4 ounce) container alfalfa sprouts or 1 (4 ounce) container radish sprouts or 1 (4 ounce) container broccoli sprouts
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper.
- 2Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
- 3Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface.
- 4Divide the mashed beans among the slices.
- 5Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado.
- 6Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- 7Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.
- 8Tip: You can make this quick sandwich even more quickly by using store-bought hummus in place of the smashed white beans.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed White Bean and Avocado Club
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: