Recipe by Sue Lau
I found this in the Vegetarian Times. It is more casserole than just mashed, but it doesn't have marshmallows as the usual casseroles do.
Top Review by Lise F
I think my main problem with this dish is that I expected it to be more of a main course, one-dish meal, but it's really more of a vegetable side dish. By itself, as a casserole, I felt it was a bit lacking in flavor and variety. Adding sour cream before serving definitely helped to give it some "lift."
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain and mash in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mash bananas and add to the bowl along with milk, juice, honey, allspice, and ginger.
- Bake mixture in a greased casserole for 1 hour.