Great mashed potatoes!
Make and share this Smashed Red-Skin Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place potatoes in 5-6 quart Dutch oven; add enough cold water to cover potatoes.
- Add 2 tsp salt to water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife.
- In small saucepan over low heat, heat together heavy cream and butter for 5 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is heated through.
- Drain potatoes; transfer to large bowl.
- With potato masher, smash potatoes together with hot cream mixture until well blended.
- To potatoes, add sour cream, remaining salt, and the pepper.
- Blend in with the potato masher; continue to smash until desired consistency is achieved.