Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from the DesBarres Manor Inn in Guysborough, Nova Scotia, this is a great side dish!
- 12 red potatoes (small)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To a mixing bowl, add red potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat potatoes.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Cook potatoes until largest potatoes are soft, about 25-30 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking use a mixer to whip the butter, shredded parmesan, chopped garlic, chopped basil and salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted potatoes to bowl and smash potatoes to a coarse mash.
Delicious!! What a great way to fix potatoes ahead of time!!
Good potatoes! I like that they are baked and not boiled, gives them that fluffy texture you get with baked potatoes. The basil gives it a nice fresh taste and the amount of butter and parmesan cheese was perfect. Made for Zaar Stars.
Wonderful potatoes. Not as creamy as some mashed, but with loads of flavor. Excellent with Pan Fried Steak with Sauce and sliced tomatoes with blue cheese.