Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this one yet but it looks and sounds fabulous! If you try it before I do, let me know what you think! ZWT 3: U.S. and Ireland (potatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- water, to cover potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Place potatoes, garlic, and enough water to cover in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered, until the potatoes are fork-tender (15-20 minutes).
- Add in the spinach, stirring, just until wilted.
- Drain the potatoes, garlic, and spinach.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and add sour cream.
- Mash with a potato masher until the mixture is chunky.
- Stir in the chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and serve at once.
My new favorte! YUMMY! The Nutmeg sounded strange...but it made all the difference!
These were delicious! They will be made many more times I can guarentee that!
Loved these! I used half red and half white potatoes, and increased the spinach to potato ratio to suit what I had on hand. Do not forget the nutmeg or the chives, they both added to the taste. Instead of sour cream I used a thick Greek low-fat yogurt. I also left the potato skins on and liked the resulting texture. I have a potato ricer but not a masher so I just used the back of a slotted spoon. BF liked this recipe too but was a little bit cooler about it than I was. Besides, he likes his mashed potatoes skinless and smooth and I like them just the opposite:D He's not rating this recipe either;)