- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- water, to cover potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, garlic, and enough water to cover in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered, until the potatoes are fork-tender (15-20 minutes).
- Add in the spinach, stirring, just until wilted.
- Drain the potatoes, garlic, and spinach.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and add sour cream.
- Mash with a potato masher until the mixture is chunky.
- Stir in the chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and serve at once.